Adolescence is a time for new discoveries, exploring relationships and yes, sometimes even testing limits. Because teens are still figuring things out for themselves, they can often bump heads with parents and authority figures who, they feel, just “don’t get it”. This can be a very nerve-racking time for you as a parent because you want to give your teen some space to grow…but you also want to keep your teen out of harm’s way. Because of this, it can make it really hard to talk to and support your teen. Teen Counseling offered here at The Epiphany Room is designed to help teens navigate adolescence in a very strength based and supportive way. Some common teen needs that are covered in counseling are:
- Anxiety (Academic/Social)
- School Adjustment/Avoidance Issues
- Self Esteem
- Racial Identity
- Sexual Orientation Acceptance
- Problematic Sexual Behaviors
- Mood Disorders
- Parenting Skills and Support counseling is also offered to parents of teens receiving counseling here at The Epiphany Room.
These are just some of the topics covered in teen counseling. Is your teen struggling with any of these issues or something you don’t see listed? Give me a call, let’s talk about it.